Calling all New Hampshire Children’s Librarians!
Nominate your favorite picture book(s) for the 2013 Ladybug Picture Book Award. Please nominate a picture book that meets the following criteria:
- be published within the last three years (2010-2012);
- be in print;
- have both the book’s author and illustrator reside in the US;
- possess strong child appeal;
- have artistic quality with text that supports the illustrations;
- not be a title previously nominated.
Please submit your nominations no later than Friday, January 25, 2013 by completing the form at the link below.
If you cannot get the link to work, please click here: nomination form
Thanks for your support of the Ladybug Picture Book Award, sponsored by the Center for the Book at the NH State Library!
PLEASE NOTE: Nominations are ONLY accepted from NH Librarians. Nominations from authors, publishers, and those from outside New Hampshire will not be accepted or considered.
The Ladybug Picture Book Award is given out each year by the Center for the Book at the NH State Library, and is designed to promote early literacy and honor the best in recent children’s picture books. The nominees for the 2010 Ladybug Picture Book Award are:
- All the World by Liz Garton Scanlon and Marla Frazee (Beach Lane Books, 2009)
- Bad Boys Get Henpecked by Margie Palatini and Henry Cole (Katherine Tegen Books, 2009)
- Birds by Kevin Henkes and Laura Dronzek (Greenwillow, 2009)
- The Circus Ship by Chris Van Dusen (Candlewick, 2009)
- Creaky Old House: A Topsy-Turvy Tale of a Real Fixer-Upper by Linda Ashman and Michael Chesworth (Sterling, 2009)
- The Hair of Zoe Fleefenbacher Goes to School by Laurie Halse Anderson and Ard Hoyt (Simon & Schuster, 2009)
- Otis by Loren Long (Philomel, 2009)
- Princess Hyacinth (The Surprising Story of a Girl Who Floated) by Florence Parry Heide and Lane Smith (Schwartz & Wade, 2009)
- Sleep, Big Bear, Sleep! by Maureen Wright and Will Hillenbrand (Marshall Cavendish, 2009)
- Under the Snow by Melissa Stewart and Constance R. Bergum (Peachtree, 2009)
Voting takes place in November. For more information, visit the Ladybug Award page at the Center for the Book website.
Hot off the press from the Center for the Book blog…
The 2007 nominees for the Ladybug Picture Book Award were announced this past February and voting materials are now available. Voting for the 2007 Ladybug Picture Book Award should be held during Children’s Book Week, November 12-18, 2007. All votes MUST be received at the Center for the Book (mailing info is on the tally sheet) by November 30, 2007. Votes received after that date will NOT be counted. The winning book will be announced on the Center for the Book blog, and on this web site, in mid-December 2007.