The READS Annual Business Meeting will take place on Friday, September 19, 2014 at 10:30 am as part of the READS Fall Conference.
Take a moment to review these two items, which will be on the Annual Meeting Agenda:
Today we are announcing nine new RTG kits to serve book discussion groups throughout New Hampshire!
And without further ado, the 2014 NHLA Ballot.
Please keep in mind that all ballots should be returned to Laconia Public Library before October 29, 2014. For further information regarding proposed bylaw changes, to be voted on at the Fall Business Meeting on November 7, please refer to our September 3 post.
Please review the following documents before casting your ballot:
Remember to submit an evaluation for your Teen Summer Reading Program.
Here’s a quick link to the form:
This year we’re looking to fill two Board positions: Vice President / President-Elect and Treasurer.
Responsibilities for the two positions are as follows:
Vice President/President-Elect’s Duties:
1. Substitutes for the President in President’s absence.
2. Becomes Acting President upon death, resignation, or other incapacity of the President.
3. Presides upon request of President if President wishes to step down from the chair.
4. Serves as a member of the Administrative Committee, Executive Board and Finance Committee.
5. As Chair of the annual conference is in charge of Conference Planning Committee (responsible to the Executive Board).
1. Serves as a member of the Administrative Committee, Executive Board and chairs the Finance Committee.
2. Presents budget for approval by Executive Board at the first Executive Board meeting of the calendar year.
3. Presents financial reports Administrator at the annual business meeting / Fall Conference.
4. Submits accounts for annual audit to NHLA Treasurer.
5. Transfers funds from checking account to savings instruments in federally-approved agency on approval of Executive Board.
6. Treasurer should be prepared to discuss with the incoming Executive Board its fiscal responsibilities.
7. In the second year of each term, reviews Dues Schedule with Executive Board.
8. Collects YALS Conference registrations in years when a YALS Conference is held.
The Treasurer serves a two-year term.
The Vice President commits to serving one year as Vice President, one year as President, and one year as Past President.
The time goes quickly, and the positions are not particularly taxing, long descriptions notwithstanding.
We will vote at our Fall Meeting. If you have someone in mind, or are interested in the position yourself, please notify YALS Past President Kirsten Rundquist Corbett: email@example.com or YALS President, Sylvie Brikiatis: firstname.lastname@example.org.
From: Kirsten Rundquist Corbett, YALS Past President, 2014
If your library offered a summer reading program for adults this summer, please complete the online evaluation form once the program is over. We use the information and statistics provided for reporting to the federal government as well as submitting grant applications. Please complete the evaluation whether or not you used the CSLP program–thanks!
Deadline to register is September 8, 2014.