**SAVE THE DATE!**
The New Hampshire Library Association will offer a day-long Digital Summit and spring membership meeting on Friday June 1st at Hooksett Public Library. With many more questions than answers about digital media and how libraries can respond effectively, this summit hopes to provide the latest information on digital content as it relates to libraries and new ideas about how to integrate digital media into your library resources and services.
Panels and speakers include:
- Speaker from ALA highlighting the latest news from publishers and vendors of digital media
- Cheryl Abdullah, director of the Dover Town Library (MA) – a finalist for Library Journal’s 2012 Best Small Library in America (“Small” in national standards is under 10,000 population; Dover has a population of 6,000)
- Breakout sessions at lunch including OverDrive Advantage subscribers; eReader lending; NHDB leadership discussion; staff training ideas; and “I don’t want to talk about digital anything at lunch”
- Panel discussion: How to Justify Digital Content in your Budget
- Panel discussion: Beyond Downloadable Books
The membership meeting is extremely important this spring. We plan to officially add two sections (YALS and IT), re-ratify our membership dues per our by-laws, and adopt a few by-laws revisions due to changes that have occurred since the last revision in 2006.
The cost to attend the day is FREE if you are an NHLA member and bring your own lunch. There will be a $10 fee for lunch, payable upon registration, if you so choose. Anyone with dietary restrictions should plan to bring their own lunch. If you are not a member of NHLA and wish to attend, you can become a member when registering. REGISTRATION FOR THIS SUMMIT IS REQUIRED EVEN IF ONLY ATTENDING THE MEMBERSHIP MEETING. This is to ensure we have a quorum of NHLA members.
Registration forms will go out on March 30th, with a deadline of May 18th. Mark your calendars for an information –packed day with your colleagues!